- This event has passed.
SCA Barista skills foundation
November 6, 2019 @ 10:00 am - November 7, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Perfect for budding baristas, this course will arm you with all the information and practical skills you need to become a barista / seek employment in a coffee shop and start making great espresso, milk texture and latte art. This course isn’t just for the new or amateur baristas, it’s equally suited to the home barista as well.
- Very brief background to coffee
- Espresso machines & grinders (types and differences)
- Dialing in the grinder – calibration, dosing, distribution and tamping
- Fault finding
- Under and over extraction and control
- Understanding, minimising and controlling channelling
- Introduction to milk, milk texturing, microfoaming, stretching and pouring
- Introduction to latte art
- Being organised and prepared
- The coffee menu
- Health & safety practices and the importance of cleanliness
- Essential equipment cleaning and maintenance